Re-elect Herb Meiberger, CFA, San Francisco Retirement Board Member.
- Herb has been your Commissioner continuously for 24 years;
- SFERS investment officer for 20 years;
- BA in Mathematics and Chemistry, University of South Dakota;
- MBA, UC Berkeley;
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Instructor, Finance and Investments, SF State University, 30 years;
- Adjunct Professor of Finance, Hult International School of Business.
WHAT HAS HERB DONE FOR YOU?
- Opposed Hedge Fund investments, obtaining Warren Buffett’s personal advice;
- Herb is the only Board member who has not drunk the Hedge Fund “cool aide”
- Championed divestment from tobacco stocks in 1997;
- Championed divestment from companies doing business in Sudan in 2002;
- Championed divestment from thermal coal stocks in 2016.
- Chairman of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) committee in 2014-15
- Chaired informational meeting on investing in alternative energy – solar, wind, etc.
- Participated in investment decisions, making our plan among the best-funded in the U.S.
WHY SHOULD YOU VOTE FOR HERB?
- Only elected commissioner with direct investment experience!
- Your watchdog overseeing SFERS’ $1 billion Hedge Fund investment, and entire $20 billion Pension Fund;
- Balanced representation! Miscellaneous members comprise 85% of Plan members, deserving an elected seat at the table like other public pension plans!
- “Public Safety” shouldn’t hold all three elected seats!
RE-ELECT HERB MEIBERGER:
- A well-funded pension is the best way of ensuring your COLA’s
- Herb’s institutional knowledge, experience, and contacts with investment professionals and board members crucial for continuity on the Board
- Herb is the ONLY candidate with the investment background, education, and skills necessary to manage your pension fund!